Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Baby Boy is Now 1

1stbirthday1

1 seems like such a big number when you are talking 1st Birthdays. It is midnight now and his day is done. It was a very small celebration, just the kids and hubby today, perfect!

Tonight when I put baby boy to bed, I couldn't help but let him lay on my chest a little longer. I love the feel of his heart beating and the sweet little noises he makes in his sleep. I want to tell him so many things, but I just lay there whispering, I love you sweet boy. Your brothers and sisters love you. Your daddy loves you. You are loved.

I hope he will always feel he is loved.

He has filled a void that I didn't know existed until he was born. God works in funny ways like that. Just when you think you have life planned out and you know where you are going, a curve in the road ahead. Thank you God for the curves!

I look at the clock 9:55 PM.

2hoursold1

A year ago, I woke up early in the morning to my water breaking, never happened that way before. After hours of my labor not progressing and baby's heart rate falling, I was rushed to an emergency csection. Expecting a big 8 or 9 lb baby, no ma'am your little guy is doing fine, all 5 lb. 5 oz. of him, born at 9:55 PM. 5 months of colic, never been this hard before. Lesson learned...

Expect the Unexpected and Embrace It!!

Thank you baby boy, for teaching me so much this year. I hope that you will always know that God had a reason for you and that your family loves you so much. Your daddy, brothers and sisters can't imagine a world without you in it!

1stbirthday3

Goodnight baby boy I whisper as I lay him down in his crib for the night. Sweet dreams.

1stbirthday6

No comments:

Post a Comment