Monday, May 21, 2012

Long Time No Blog!

Well I did try to blog a few weeks back, spent a HUGE amount of time on what was to be a HUGE post and then I don't know... something happened, post was gone and I did not have the energy to retype. So here it goes again, much shorter this time! My baby boy turned 21 months old just a few days ago. Wow, doesn't seem possible. He is a super busy little guy, doesn't talk other than a few words and is curious about everything around him. So your typical almost 2 year old, well without the talking part. I am assured by friends that will come soon, and well as long as he is talking by preschool we are all good. So lots of sewing lately, lots of ideas still floating around in this head of mine! Not as much yarn dyeing going on as I would like there to be and not as much time to sew for my little one either. But all good things come to those who wait patiently, or some I am told. Never been too good on that patient part! So here are just a few things finished from the studio in the last month or so. We took 3 of the kids to Universal Studios theme park the other day for our middle child's 9th Birthday! Was lots of fun, but my youngest needed a tee! So what did I do, but whip out the scraps at 11 PM the night before we leave and get to work. Made a scrappy tee for him, 1 Fish 2 Fish, love how it turned out. I will be offering scrappy tees again on the 3rd of June in my zootzbaby store if you need one for your little one! fishyteeforme1 Made a few upcycled tees the other day, they can be found right now over at the Necessitae congo on hyena cart. We have a BIG rainbow themed stocking coming up on the first Monday of June, will be fun!! This month's theme was Purple, but I guess you can tell if you see my pics below! purple9 purple8 purple1 Made a custom fish tee for a little guy the other day. trout1 Auctioned off a newborn diaper a week or so ago made with Rainbow Noir fabric. It was so squishy and tiny! Couldn't resist sending the mama a matching lap tee for her little one! noirset1 And I dyed a few yarns. This one my 18 yr old named "Indian Cuisine". Love this one, I am saving it for Tristan for fall longies. Started them the other day and then realized that I was knitting cestari and should have checked my guage. Frogged them, but here is a pic of what it looked like! Oh and I changed trim color too! indiancuisine2 indiancuisine1 wipfrogged1 And a couple more, this one my about to be 16 yr old daughter named "oscar the grouch". Didn't make much sense to me, but I ran with it anyway! oscarthegrouch2 And this one was my Island Oasis that I was trying to recreate for a mama on ravelry. It came pretty close. islandoasis3 A butterfly custom tank for a little girl's 4th birthday party. dani1 A caterpillar newborn girls lap tee to match Dear Husband's new May colorway, "Sangria". This tee can be found right now over at Serendipity congo on hyena cart. caterpillar2 And my favorite set that I have made so far. This one is Tristan's size, but available right now at Serendipity. Not for much longer though, if it doesn't sell soon, it is going on my little guy's bum!! Knit with Dear Husband's Mojito colorway on blackberry ridge yarn. Just love it!!! moonlitowl1 moonlitowl2 moonlitowl3 And the last thing for tonight. This was a collab that I did with Liz of Lizard's Landing. Also at Serendipity. She does beautiful things with yarn! This was a shortie set knit with Under the Boardwalk for boys by Dear Husband. Liz did such a wonderful job! Love the owl on the cargo pocket. I made up a tee to match and well it sold! But coming up on the 3rd of June I will have 3 slots for owl custom tees available at ZooTZbaby on hyena cart. So cute!! zootzliz1 zootzliz2 Lots more to share, but I will save it for another night. Will try and post more!

No comments:

Post a Comment