Friday, March 2, 2012

Oh I have been so busy!!

I have been so busy lately! Business has really picked up for me and Spring baseball season has begun too! We are little busy bees around here! And my baby boy, well he is now 18 months old and busier than ever!! And his favorite thing to do right now, go into mommy's sewing studio, snatch a piece of fabric off the shelves and RUN! It's funny, but I try so hard not to laugh. Refolding is becoming old really fast!

So much to share! Lots of sewing getting done, lots of knitting too. I am dyeing my own yarns now(not for sale, just for little ole me!) and that is addicting!

I will share just a couple of knit sets with tees tonight and try and share more over the next few weeks! Going to try and pick back up on this, I haven't been a very good blogger lately!!

This was a set that I finished last month. I dyed the yarn myself with the crock pot and wilton food dyes. It didn't turn out how I wanted it, so I threw a little more color in at the end and let it keep going. I was pretty pleased with the colors in the end, and I love the way it knit up. No fighting this one at all! I made a lochness monster tee to go with it, the colors were screaming ocean to me, but I didn't want a boat or something plain. This one is still in my studio haven't decided whether to auction it this month or keep it! It's hard to let go when I make something that will fit little man!
lochness1
lochness2]

This one was a mystery yarn that I bought off of hyena cart. Single ply so it does pill more than I like, but the colorway I just fell in love with!
surfer1
And my little man wearing it! He has lost all his chub!!
surfingset1
This was my latest custom out the door this week. Surf wagon tee and longies knit up with Mosaic Moon Coastal Sunset. I adore this colorway. Thank goodness I have another skein to do Tristan a pair,not sure I would have let this go without it!
coastalsunset3
coastalsunset2
And these pictures were taken today. Not the best pictures at all. Little man was so interested in the man next door washing out his paint roller that he could only stand there and stare!

This colorway is called "Frankie", not sure who dyed it. I bought it in 2 seperate scrappy lots on hyena cart. I love these shorties! They yarn is cestari fine and I love to knit with it!! The best part is that it is very low pill! Love that the most! And we had a tee that I had bought for winter never worn that matched perfectly! I just cut the sleeves off! I do have another tee in the works for it, mama made, but just haven't had the time for me sewing in the last couple of days!

boyswillbeboys1
boyswillbeboys2
boyswillbeboys3

That is it for now! I promise to share more often!

6 comments:

  1. Your shirts are so amazing and the color combos with the knitted shorts and pants are fabulous! Truly marvelous work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Shannon! I really love sewing, and knitting is very relaxing to me. Love to combine the two!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your designs!You are soo talented.I always checked your post on sewing mamas since your little one was born.I have one question.Where do you get your solid knits?I have the hardest time finding solids to match my prints.....so frustrating
    Your matching is amazing!
    L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you L! That is a very sweet comment, you made my night!

    I have found great luck with solid cotton interlocks at Chez Ami(my favorite) Hancock Fabrics(online) and some here and there from WAHM shoppes. Chez Ami's interlocks are the best to me, they don't pill and they hold their color wash after wash! Wish they had more colors available!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just discovered your blog, and I am so pleased that I did! (I found you through a Google search for "sewing for little boys." I have recently discovered a love for sewing, and I've been a knitter since I was 11, so all of these shirts and pants amaze me! Beautiful work! Do you sell patterns for these, or only the items?

    I can't wait to browse the rest of your blog!

    Elli - snaphappee @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elli!

    Welcome to my blog! I hope you will find something useful here! Thank you for the beautiful compliment!

    Most all of the patterns here are probably from ottobre when I sew. That is my favorite pattern mag and definitely worth the investment!!

    The knit pants/shorts are mostly from 3 different patterns. I think I have merged them together now! I like Dakine Knits, Eviepants and Sheepy Pants, which can all be found on ravelry. I think I like different parts of each one.

    I have made 2 different patterns which I sell in my ZootZ etsy shop, one for knit fabric beanies and the other for snap it up baby gowns from knit fabrics. Patterns take a long time to draft, test and produce and I just don't have the patience!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete